Deadline for Applications: Sunday 20th June, 2021
Learner Engagement Assistant (Apprenticeship)- (Full-Time)
£21,166 to £27,999 plus Bonus PA (dependant on qualifications and experience)
Closing Date: Sunday 20 June 2021 at 11 pm
Start Date TBC
Avant Skills Academy is looking to recruit an outgoing, motivated, committed individual with excellent communication skills, solid work ethics and a strong desire to learn and progress. The successful individual will be required to provide support to the Business Development Team quality team, recruiting learners to Apprenticeship and Traineeship programmes.
An overview of the duties will include:
- Engage with target employed and unemployed young people and adults for relevant learning programmes;
- Undertake effective and efficient initial assessment of learner applicants, providing effective information advice and guidance;
- Recruit relevant learners, of the required volumes onto learning programmes and establish supportive relationships with learners;
- Liaise with external partner organisations to support programme delivery and learner engagement, achievement and progression;
- Promote/raise awareness of Avant Skills Academy’s provision to students in key feeder schools within the key catchment area, representing the brand at all times and supporting students in making appropriate choices for their next step;
- Attend events, (early morning, during the day and late evening), for young people, adults and employers to aid recruitment and awareness of the organisation;
- Support the development and distribution of marketing materials to support recruitment;
- Maintain learner records within manual and electronic management information systems, generating reports, data and statistics to support programme management and evaluation;
- Deal with external queries, providing effective customer service;
- Maintain up to date knowledge of relevant funding requirements;
- Operate information technology effectively, including Microsoft Office;
- Ensure that your correspondence from the organisation is of the required standard and tone;
- Recruitment of target number of learner starts on programmes to ensure contract and funding opportunities are maximised;
- Engage with target number of schools to maximise promotional opportunities and build essential links.
To apply for this apprenticeship you must have:
GCSE English Grade C/4 or above, GSCE Maths Grade C/4 or above or equivalent qualifications
Full Driving Licence and use of own vehicle essential;
Knowledge, experience and skills (If apprentice, desirable but not essential)
- Knowledge of the education and training sector is advantageous, but not essential;
- Experience of effective engagement with learners is advantageous, but not essential;
- Experience of successfully achieving targets, together with the ability to prioritise workload, meet deadlines,
- Ability to take responsibility, use initiative and be proactive, incorporating adaptability and flexibility;
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, to produce internal and external reports and communicate at all levels;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Excellent presentation skills, including the use of PowerPoint;
- Knowledge of the use of information technology, including Microsoft Office;
- Have a positive approach, with a can-do attitude;
In line with safer recruitment practices, the Application Form is the only acceptable method of applying for a job with Avant Skills Academy. A CV is not an acceptable alternative and must not be submitted as part of the application process.
Please ensure you pay close attention to the information in the Employment Application Form Guidance Notes, matching your experience, knowledge and skills to the key responsibilities and objectives in the Job Description.
This post requires the completion of a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced criminal records check.